HypnoBirthing is our most popular Birth class at Sakinah Birth, and there’s a good reason why.
The philosophy is simple. Childbirth is instinctive.
The preconceived fear, anxiety and anguish that we have come to know as normal with childbirth doesn’t have to exist. At Sakinah Birth we know birth doesn’t have to be feared, awful or painful. We know that with fear comes tension, and with tension, comes pain. HypnoBirthing reduces that tension so you can birth in a calm and comfortable environment.
HypnoBirthing – The Mongan Method, is a comprehensive and evidence-based childbirth education program.
The exclusive techniques taught in HypnoBirthing courses help moms not only prepare for labor and birth but are also helpful in everyday life. HypnoBirthing classes are also beneficial for women and families interested in having their partners play an active role on birthing day.
HypnoBirthing can be for mothers look to have a natural or C-section birth. Our calming techniques prepare mothers for all circumstances in birth. First time mom, or third time mom.
Additionally a calm labor can often be shorter.
What you will learn in this Birth Class:
- The history of childbirth and how women birthed instinctively throughout different time periods.
- What the Fear-Tension-Pain Cycle is and how to avoid it with calm and confidence.
- Self-hypnosis and relaxation techniques for labor and birth
- Special breathing techniques for a calm and comfortable labor and birth.
- How your body instinctively knows how to grow and nurture your baby.
- Prenatal bonding – The benefits of bonding with your baby before and after birth.
- How to prepare a birth plan.
- The critical role of the birth companion and how they can prepare to better assist the laboring and birthing woman.
- Breastfeeding, what to expect during the Fourth Trimester and much more.
What’s included in The Course:
- 5 x 2.5-hour classes with a Certified Hypnotist, to help you prepare for a calm and joyful birth experience.
- The HypnoBirthing Book and MP3 by Marie Mongan.
- A parent handout booklet including course notes, relaxation scripts, affirmations, etc.
- Referrals to the best perinatal professionals in the Greater Houston Area, including doulas, lactation consultants, chiropractors, etc.
HypnoBirthing Course Investment:
- Group Classes: $300.
- Private Classes: $595
- Refresher or Make up fee: Varies
HypnoBirthing Classes Online
As a result of Covid-19, our HypnoBirthing Classes were run in an online format in 2020 to keep families safe.
With lowering case numbers we are happy to report that we are now running classes ‘in person’ at the Katy Birth Center. We are always happy to discuss teaching online if this is your preferred choice
When is our next HypnoBirthing Course running?
HypnoBirthing Course dates and times for 2021 can be found here.
Sakinah Birth’s class facilitator is Jihan who is a fully qualified Hypnotherapist and HypnoBirthing practitioner for the original and best HypnoBirthing course – The Mongan Method.
For more information about Jihan, Please click here.